Friday, March 19, 2010

A Coin Toss

To pick up pizza from Canadian Pizza Unlimited, or not to pick up pizza from Canadian Pizza Unlimited. That is the insufferable question that has been tormenting my mind for the last four hours. There are obvious pros to ordering pizza from Canadian Pizza Unlimited. It's easy and cheap and good and I'll pass it on my walk home. And then there's the lonely con: I'll undoubtedly atone for my crime when the scale weighs my judgements at the gym tomorrow. This is quite the dilemma, for the last thing I wish to endure is a venture to my local Safeway to obtain a healthier alternative after such a long day. I know what I'll do to solve my quandary; I'll flip a pretty penny and let fate decide. Heads, and it's Canadian Pizza Unlimited. Tails, and I humour a healthier substitute. With a flick of my thumb the fate of my supper is airborne. Just like when the rebellion depended upon Luke Skywalker to destroy the Death Star, and when Middle Earth depended upon Frodo to destroy the One Ring, my future depended upon this copper coin. It seemed the world around me held it's collective breath as the coin spun in the afternoon sun. It landed upon my palm as if the outcome would decide the fate of innumerable lives. I glanced down with cautious trepidation. It was tails.

1 comment:

  1. Aside from the obviously fucking awesome SW and LOTR references, this line makes me happy: "With a flick of my thumb the fate of my supper is airborne"

    Go LOL Bell!

    ReplyDelete