Saturday, March 13, 2010

"The Shadow" pages 3-4


"Eva..." repeated the haunting voice I had hear earlier, "Come... Follow me... Come... Eva..."


Entranced, I began to move foward towards it. Then the shadow leaned eagerly in my direction, waiting for me to come. I snapped back to my right mind, and hook my head.


"N-no! I won't come! Who are you? What do you want?" I protested in resistance.


The shadow let out a terrible scream of anguish, and dove back into the ground, speeding directly at me.


I tried to step backwards, tried to turned and run, but it came too quickly. The next thing I knew, it was at my feet, and its arm shot out of the ground and lunged for me. I recoiled, attempted to get away, but its long, dark fingers had already gotten a hold of my wrist. An icy feeling spread through my veins, crept up arm and throughout my body. I could feel inky blackness grabbing a hold of me, covering my eyes...


Then I woke up. I still felt cold, and shuddered at the terrible nightmare I had. Pulling the blankets closer around me, I rolled over to check my clock.


"Ughh..." I groaned, "7:30... I slept in!"


Also, my parents would have already left for work. Grudgingly, I got out of bed and got ready for school.


I stepped out the front door and into the cool morning air. Seeing our street made me think of that awful dream again. For once, I was actually glad to be going to school--at least it would be something to distract me from my nightmare. I could still imagine the shadow's icy grasp, and the cold darkness spreading over me.


I shivered; then caught a glimpse of the warm sun above me.


"Oh well," I though, and shrugged my shoulders, "I'm sure things will be better at school."
I managed to getere just when the first bell rang. I rushed to my locker, ran to class, and managed to slide in just in time.


As I sat down in my desk, I heaved a huge sigh of relief, then turned to my friend, Mara.


"Made it just in time!" I exclaimed with a smile.


Mara didn't give any response. She just sat there, staring forward to the front of the class.


"Mara... hello?" I said as i waved my hand in front of her face.


Mara still just sat there. I rolled my eyes, and remarked sarcastically, "Someone's awake this morning!"


I didn't have time to say anything else just then, becaue Mr. Briggs started taking attendance.


He went down the list as always, naming each of my classmates. Finally, he reached my name.


"Eva?" he called out.



(Stacy)

No comments:

Post a Comment